Dr. Simon Akpo
Dr. Akpo’s areas of expertise include Quality Assurance in Higher Education, Curriculum development in Education and Research Methodology, Data Analyst in Management Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). Leadership and ICT in school Management.
Dr. Akpo is a Data Analyst and lectures Research Methodology and Statistics in the School of Business and Management at the International University of Management, Namibia. He has extensive experience applied research. He has supervised five Doctoral theses and over 200 Master dissertations in Business Administration and Management (MBA) across the Five Institutions of Higher learning in the Southern and Eastern African Countries (International University of Management, Namibia, The University of Namibia, Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA), Regent Business School (RBS), South Africa and Eastern Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI)) between 2010 and 2023. He serves as external examiner for PhD Dissertations and Masters at the School of Education of The University of Free State (UFS) between 2013 and 2018. Additionally, served as a consultant to National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa Pretoria, 2013 and 2016.
- PhD in Didactic Teaching of Mathematics Education from The University of South Africa (UNISA)
- Master in Education (M.Ed.) from The University of Namibia
- Bachelor of Science Honours-B.SC (Hons.) in Mathematics Education from The University of Jos, Nigeria
- Diploma in Mathematics, Economics and Education from The University of Uyo, Nigeria
- Akpo, S.E & Gertze, F.E (2020).Perceived Impact of External Quality Assurance on Public and Private Higher Education Institutions in Namibia. The Journal of Ontario International Development Agency, 13(7), 45-54. ontariointernational.org.
- Akpo, SE. Cele,T.R. & Karodia, A.M. (2015).An evaluation of the impact of customer relationship (CRM) on customer retention at LIPCO South Africa. International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics 4(1), 67-85.
- Akpo, SE. Chadya, M.C. & Karodia, A.M. (2014). An evaluation of customer satisfaction with pharmaceutical services provided at public health care facilities in Gobabis, Namibia. Arabian Journal of Business and Management review (Oman), 3(12), 1-51.
- Akpo, S.E. & Jita, L.C. (2013). The influence of selected teacher inputs on students’ academic achievement in the junior secondary school certificate in Mathematics in Namibia. TD The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa, 9(3): 465-479.
- Akpo, SE, Tawo, GA, Ojomu SA,& Utsu, M M(2023).Decommissioning of Electronic Waste to avoid Electromagnetic Radiation and Environmental hazards in Cross River State. International Journal of Software & Hardware Research in Engineering (IJSHRE), 11(5), 21-31. DOI:10.26821/IJSHRE.11.5.2023.110501.