Waste Management and Recycling
Increasing urbanization & industrialization leads to the overproduction of waste. It is causing negative impacts on our environment. Raw Materials sources are shrinking, and energy becoming more expensive around the world. Air, soil, and water pollution stands at high risk for sustainable development. Traditional waste management systems have failed to address these issues. Waste reduction and recycling need to be taken to the next level with a sustainable waste management solution to protect the environment and sustain the world for future generations.
This Waste Management & Recycling training covers the modern practice of collecting, transporting, processing, or disposing of various waste materials. The participant will learn how to manage the waste more sustainably and cost-effectively to protect the environment and leverage the profit. With this Waste Management & Recycling training, participants will gain knowledge in exploring opportunities in waste prevention, reuse, and recycling.
- Officers from Municipalities and Local Government responsible for Waste Management
- Health & Safety and Environmental Professionals
- Staff responsible for managing Hazardous Wastes
- Staff responsible for Contamination Control Issues
- Staff wishing to reduce risk and liability arising from polluting events
- Officers who have a role to play in environmental matters of the organization
- Environmental Engineers
- Emergency Personnel
- All staff handling the disposal of waste
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Gain Knowledge in sustainable waste & environmental management system
- Understand different types of waste, their handling, storage, disposal requirements, and their potential effect on the environment.
- Understand and apply the waste management hierarchy for sustainable development
- Insight on roles of various personals in Contamination and Pollution Prevention
- Understand modern waste disposal & treatment methods
- Identification of waste minimization and recycling
- A better understanding of the environmental impact of waste
- Identification of the cost-effectiveness of managing waste efficiently
- Gain insight into new recycling technologies & circular economy
- Identification of legislation and ensuring compliance with waste regulations
- Improve systems thinking skills for global and regional waste management sustainability