Structuring, Negotiating for and Managing Concessions
Concessions are being considered by governments to address the huge infrastructure gap. These include ports, railways, airports, pipelines, power production plants, water treatment plants and mining amongst others. The motive from the public sector side is double edged infrastructure development and service delivery improvement. The programme will focus on how to structure concessions and optimize revenue streams from the ongoing or future concessions and use concessions to fast track economic development.
Finance managers, accountants, economists, engineers, hydrologists, legal officers, compliance officers and quality assurance specialists. Those working in the energy sector, mining sector (oil, gas, other minerals), port authorities, airport authorities, pipeline companies and railway authorities and revenue authorities will also benefit from the course.
At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:-
- Explain key features of concessions;
- Develop and analyze concession agreements;
- Apply techniques used to structure concessions in ports, railways, airports and mining and energy sector;
- Prepare concession bid documents;
- Discuss legal issues in concessions.