Project management is a complex undertaking that requires responsive management. For successful execution of activities, implementation must be carefully planned, managed and monitored. Stakeholders expect the project to meet the desired results. Moreover, project risk management is a key cornerstone for successful implementation of projects.
Given the complexities and constraints of delivering project results, auditors have the critical role of ensuring project alignment to the strategy, project design and execution. Thus project audit requires a carefully planned and executed audit plans. Besides, auditors need to strengthen their project management and review skills. This is the essence of this course.
The programme is relevant for audit, finance, accounting and project management officers.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of project management in result delivery
- Appreciate the role of auditing for the success of projects.
- Demonstrate the link between audit risk and the project audit plan
- Develop and implement a project risk based audit plan.
- Learn how to execute Risk based auditing for projects.
- Learn how to report and monitor project audits.