Procurement of PPP Projects
Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects play a significant role in infrastructure development, fostering economic growth, and delivering
public services. However, the procurement process for PPP projects involves complex considerations, including risk allocation, value for money, and transparency. It is essential to have a comprehensive understanding of the procurement principles and practices specific to PPP projects. Governments worldwide have turned to the private sector to provide infrastructure services. In order to deepen and grow the use of PPP, there is need to build capacity in the various phases of PPP process. This programme aims to address the need for specialized knowledge and skills in the procurement of PPP projects, enabling participants to navigate the procurement process effectively and maximize project success.
Middle to senior level public and private sector procurement staff of projects funded by international donor community as well as national tender boards, staff, municipal council officers handling tenders.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the PPPs process;
- Identify and manage procurement risks in PPP projects
- Develop PPP procurement strategies
- Apply methodology for feasibility analysis;
- Describe the steps in the procurement process;
- Prepare various bidding documents;
- Apply best practices in PPP project evaluation and selection;
- Negotiate and manage PPP contracts.
2200 USD to cover tuition and training materials only.