Procurement Of Goods, Works And Non Consulting Services
This programme focuses on the following three elements of procurement:
•Goods and equipment,
•Non- consultancy services such as insurance, transport and installation services
The programme aims at upgrading the capacity in the management of the public procurement functions at operational and institutional levels.
The programme is designed to enhance the skills and competencies of professionals involved in undertaking of public projects in line with goods, works and equipment, and non-consultancy. In addition, the programme provides essential practical business skills indispensable for successful implementation of the public procurement process for goods, construction works and services. The programme is based on world bank procedures and will cover the banks standard procurement documents.
The participants of this programme are:
- Public procurement practitioners at the central (ministry) and county levels; officials of ministries of finance in charge of monitoring/ controlling public procurement transactions;
- Members of national public procurement offices, tender boards and tender/proposal evaluation committees;
- Procurement trainers from national educational institutes or government services.
- Conduct the procurement process for goods, works and services in accordance with internationally accepted standards;
- Explain the world bank procurement framework and the attendant procurement principles;
- Plan, assess risks, execute and monitor public procurement operations;
- Select appropriate prescribed procurement methods;
- Discuss the structure of and be able to prepare well-balanced world bank standard procurement documents for goods, works and non consultancy services;
- Upgrade ability to conduct bid evaluation, contract award and contract administration procedures for goods, works and non- consultancy services;
- Use international commercial trade terms incoterms.