Organisations are spending an inordinate amount of effort on asset management and little on liabilities management. Yet, the right hand side of the statement of financial position presents challenges. Indeed, liabilities present a major risk if not well managed. Failure to properly match the right to the left side may lead into financial distress. It may also create value based insolvency.
The programme is relevant for accountants and finance officers.
At the end of the PROGRAMME, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of liabilities management;
- Learn about the components of liabilities;
- Explore the challenges of liabilities management;
- Learn how to match the right and the left side of the statement of the financial position;
- Understand the implication of poor liabilities management;
- Appreciate the relevant IFRS/IPSAS standards on liabilities, presentation and reporting.