Leadership, Good Governance and Financial Management in the Public Sector
Enhanced leadership, good governance and financial management in the public sector has been a running theme for more than a decade. Effective leadership in the public sector spurs productivity; good governance leads to better development results and sound financial management enhances the stakeholders’ confidence in the leadership and initiatives that an organization chooses to pursue.
A programme on Leadership, Good Governance, and Financial Management in the Public Sector addresses this need by equipping participants with the specialized skills and knowledge required to drive sustainable development, deliver quality services, and foster public trust. Participants will develop a comprehensive understanding of effective leadership practices. They will also explore governance frameworks in public sector organizations. Additionally, the programme covers financial management principles, budgeting processes and risk management. By acquiring these skills, participants will enhance their ability to lead with integrity, promote transparency and accountability, and make informed financial decisions, ultimately contributing to the overall efficiency, effectiveness, and responsible management of public sector organizations.
Directors, deputy directors, finance managers, human resource managers, project managers, senior and principal economists, heads of sections and those aspiring to occupy leadership positions in the public sector. Those working in projects that are financed by development partners will also benefit from the course.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:-
- Apply transformational leadership skills;
- Explain how to successfully implement and lead change initiatives in your organization and department;
- Apply leadership principles to safeguard public assets and detect fraud;
- Explore governance frameworks and compliance mechanisms to promote transparency, accountability, and ethical decision-making within public sector organizations.
- Describe the principles and practice of good governance;
- Improve financial management skills;