Government Finance and Budgeting for Legislatures
This course is designed for parliamentarians and political leaders who want to improve their understanding of government finance and budgeting. The course will cover key concepts and strategies for effective financial management, including budgeting, revenue forecasting, and financial reporting. It will also examine the role of taxation in financing government operations and public services. The course will draw on real
world examples and case studies to illustrate key concepts and strategies, and will be taught facilitated by experienced government finance and budgeting experts.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of government financial management, including budgeting, revenue forecasting, and financial reporting.
- To examine the role of taxation in financing government operations and public services.
- To develop skills in analyzing government budgets and identifying areas for improvement.
- To teach impact participants how to engage with stakeholders and gather information and feedback on government financial management.
- To provide an understanding of the impact of economic conditions on government finance.
- To familiarize participants with public-private partnerships and their role in government finance.