Development activities such as business, industry, and large projects significantly impact the environment, leading to local, national, and trans-boundary environmental damage. It is crucial to adopt proactive and sustainable approaches to address these challenges. Integrating environmental management into development interventions can mitigate environmental damage, enhance resource efficiency, and promote sustainable growth.
This comprehensive programme on Environmental Management is designed to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to address environmental challenges in various sectors. By integrating environmental management principles into decision-making processes, participants will learn how to minimize environmental impacts, conserve resources, and achieve sustainable development goals. Through interactive learning and practical applications, this course aims to empower individuals to become effective environmental stewards and contribute to long-term environmental and socio-economic sustainability.
Officials working in all social and economic development sectors with a bearing on the environment such as agriculture, transport, energy, water, mining, communication, health, trade and industry, local government, and tourism. The programme is also relevant for officials from regulatory authorities in the above sectors. and environment.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Review the concept of sustainable development and its linkage to the environment;
- Examine the drivers of environmental problems such as climate change;
- Integrate environmental management in decision making at project and strategic levels;
- Analyze environmental policy and policy instruments, and legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Integrate community/public participation in environmental management;
- Implement ISO-based environmental management systems in organizations and projects.