Innovative procurement processes are easily identified with a well-managed organization or project. Such processes hasten the achievement of its objectives. Procurement processes must be dynamic and aligned to the needs of the organization or the project. E-procurement is evolving as an important tool in enhancing organizational capacity not only in the procurement function but also within its overall mandate of fostering transparency and wider competition especially public procurement operations. E-procurement has proved to contribute significantly to the process of the transformation towards a leaner and a more cost-effective government.
The programme will bring together procurement specialists and practitioners to discuss the perspectives of e-procurement. It will also address the issues of the change management processes required at organizational level for an effective e-procurement system.
This course is designed for procurement, contract and finance managers and officers.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Use tools and techniques of managing procurement activities and processes;
- Develop the components and process essential to implementing a successful e-procurement process;
- Develop basic concepts of e-procurement, its potential and trends as well as practical issues to be dealt with;
- Discuss the diverse business models including e-tendering, e-auction, and e-marketplace;
- Develop e-procurement legal framework and technological infrastructure for e-procurement implementation;
- Prepare workable proposal for promoting e-procurement in their own organization;
- Manage an e-procurement system.