Climate Change and Risk Management
Climate change is a recognized global phenomenon with significant implications, particularly in vulnerable regions like Africa. The urgent need to assess and manage climate change-related risks requires effective strategies from governments, the private sector, and NGOs.
This programme on climate change and risk management addresses this need by providing participants with a comprehensive understanding of climate change impacts and the tools to assess and mitigate associated risks. Participants will develop the skills to quantify risks and implement strategies that foster resilience and sustainable development in the face of climate change. By actively engaging in climate change mitigation and adaptation efforts, participants will contribute to global sustainability goals.
Policy makers, planners, and analysts from government ministries, departments, and agencies responsible for disaster preparedness, finance, economic planning, environment, energy, agriculture, mining, natural resources, infrastructure, etc. senior managers from the private and NGO sectors interested in climate change risk management can also attend the course.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
• Describe the process of environmental management;
• Describe the concept of sustainable development;
• Identify and analyze the drivers of climate change;
• Assess climate change risk;
• Assess climate change hazards;
• Assess and map climate change vulnerability;
• Develop effective climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies;
• Describe institutional issues in climate change risk management.
1500 USD To cover tuition and training materials only.