Clean Energy Management
The world energy crisis cannot be addressed with one unique solution; it is widely recognized that we must develop a variety of systems and
technologies in parallel, developing a range of strategies for the clean and sustainable generation of energy, whilst also taking care to consider
the environmental, social and economic impacts. This programme covers the design, implementation and management of clean energy technology systems with emphasis on those relevant to Africa.
- Officials from Energy Ministries, Regulators and Power Utilities;
- Officials from Environmental Ministries and Regulators;
- Officials from Public Sectors affected by Climate change, e.g.Agriculture, Water, Energy, Infrastructure, Health, etc.
- Officials from Donor Agencies interested in financing climate change mitigation and adaptation programs.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate climate change, climate change drivers, architecture and climate related risks;
- Appreciate the whole range of clean energy conversion technologies relevant to Africa;
- Understand how clean renewable energy projects are one way of mitigating and adapting to climate change impacts and as a strategy
for getting to net zero;
- Learn how to manage clean energy project risks, taking a life-cycle approach;
- Describe the various methods of financing clean energy projects;
- Understand the main incentives and barriers to investment in clean energy projects;
- Explain the existing government clean energy policies and support
schemes in Africa.