Gender Mainstreaming & Inclusion for Legislatures
Gender equality is a fundamental principle of democratic societies and is essential for the full participation of all citizens in the political, economic, and social spheres. Parliamentarians play a key role in promoting gender equality and addressing gender-based discrimination through the development of laws, regulations, and policies. A course on gender and equality can help parliamentarians understand the issues related to gender equality and develop the skills needed to effectively promote gender equality.
- All parliamentarians and their staff, as well as civil servants and other government officials involved in the development of laws, regulations, and policies related to gender and equality.
- The course is also suitable for NGO representatives, academics, and journalists who are interested in gender equality and the role of parliamentarians in promoting gender equality.
- Understand the concepts of gender and gender-based discrimination and the impact of gender inequality on society
- Understand laws, policies, and programs aimed at promoting gender equality and addressing gender-based discrimination
- Develop skills for effectively advocating for gender equality and promoting gender-responsive policies