Transformative Leadership For Implementing Public Sector Reforms In Africa
Where have all the leaders gone…?’The title of a book by Iacocca L (2007). Africa is endowed with many natural resources and yet it lags behind and even gets aid from those countries which have no resources including drinking water. Majority of African countries have embraced the new public management paradigm and are actively pursuing public sector reforms for improved good governance and improved service delivery. Leadership is key to improving performance management in the public service of any government.
Chief executive officers and senior managers in public enterprises,
Executive agencies and local government Institutions.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Identify leadership challenges in the African public service;
• Apply principles and practices of collaborative leadership vs trans-formative leadership in implementing public service reforms and national vision for results;
• Cultivate leadership at all levels in order to manage programmes and achieve higher level results;
• Explain death of reverence and how to manage and lead knowledge workers;
• Implement e-government and i-government (integrated government) for eradicating corruption;
• Apply leadership role in nurturing and promoting innovation in public service management.
1500 USD To cover tuition and training materials only.