Transport and Infrastructure have been identified as important prerequisites to enhancing social and economic development. ESAMI is aware that without a critical mass of trained staff in the transport sector, its operational performance will remain poor, hence the introduction of MBA-TELM.
In addition to classroom sessions, the students will undertake a one to two weeks’ overseas tour as part of the programme, visit a number of transport and logistics enterprises and have the benefit of exchanging experiences with their counterparts. The MBA-TELM courses are offered in the evenings from 5:00pm – 10:00pm. These classes will run for two to three weeks in every two to two and a half months.
The evening class MBA in Transport Economics and Logistics Management is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Mwanza, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati in Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique and Mahe, Seychelles.
Total fees for the 2-year masters degree programme is US$9,500. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
• Candidates eligible for Masters programmes must possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelors degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
• International recognised full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations
• Proficiency in both spoken and written English
• At least three years of work experience
• The Candidate must submit an application form with the following:
• Current curriculum Vitae
• Certified copy of official transcript
• Copies of O’ and A’ level certificates
• At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
• Passport size photo
• A non-refundable processing fee of US $ 30
All documents accompanying the application must be in English
• BSG09310 Marketing Management for Transport
• BSG09113 Financial Accounting
• BSG09112 Corporate Management
• BSG09211 Global Corporate Strategy
• BSG09410 Research Methods
• BSG09114 Transport Policy & Planning
• BSG09115 Principles of Transport Economics
• BSG09212 Production & Inventory Control
• BSG09411 Transport Investment Analysis
• BSG09311 Transport Sector Reforms
• BSG09213 Transportation Management
• BSG09214 Environmental Management for Business
• BSG09312 Transport Safety Planning & Management
• BSG09313 ICT in Transport & Logistics
• BSG09412 Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• BSG09314 Logistics, International law and International Trade Law
• BSG09413 Study Visit
• BSG09414 Master Thesis