ESAMI is governed by a Board that is responsible for policy guidance and direction.The representatives to this board are Principal/Permanent Secretaries in- charge of Public Service in Governments that own ESAMI. The Board elects its Chairperson from among its members.
The Director General, who is the Chief Executive, manages the day-to-day activities of the institute.Below the Director General are 4 Directors and 2 Managers who make the management team of the Institute. The sector Directors are:-
1. Director Management Training
2. Director Research and Publications
3. Director Consultancy and Customized training
4. Director Business School
The two managers are responsible for:-
1. Finance and Administration department
2. Marketing and Business Development Department.