Evidence from capacity needs assessment carried out in the sub-region indicated gaps in management and administration especially at supervisory level. This makes the need for skills enhancement in management and administration more imperative considering the issues of managing the present and future "fluid knowledge-worker" in an increasingly competitive planning and operating environment. This programme will therefore, inculcate into students the competences in management and administration to address capacity gaps identified.
The DMA courses are offered in the evenings from 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Classes run for two to three weeks in every two and a half to three months.
The Diploma in Management and Administration programme will run at ESAMI centres in the region on a block release/ part-time basis.
Fees payment is arranged by country and can be paid in instalments. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
Applicants for the Diploma Programmes must have the following qualifications:-
• Holder of basic technical certificate (NTA level 4);
• Possession of Non – NTA certificate in relevant programmes;
• Holders of A’ level certificate;
• Ability to speak and write English clearly.
The candidate must submit a dully-filled application form with the following attachments:
• Certified copies of academic certificates and transcript (statement of results);
• Current curriculum vitae (CV);
• A letter of recommendation from current employer or sponsor or from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability;
• Passport size photograph;
• A non-refundable application processing fee of US$ 20.00;
• Passport size photograph.
All documents accompanying the application must be in English.
Modules for Year 1
- BST 05107 Elements of Business Mathematics
- BST 05102 English Communication Skills
- BST05201 Computer Applications
- BST 05104 Basic Principles of Bookkeeping
- BST 05201 Customer Care Skills
- BST 05103 Office Records Management
- BST 05104 Office Work Ethics
- BST 05202 Job Organization and Scheduling
- BST 05203 Work Measurement
- BST 05106 Office Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- BST 05105 Basic Principles of Management and Administration
Modules for Year 2
- BST 06101 Business Communication
- BST 06201 Introduction to Management Information System
- BST 06202 Entrepreneurial Skills
- BST 06104 Work Supervision Concepts and Techniques
- BST 06103 Organizational Behavior Concepts
- BST 06104 Office Resources Management
- BST 06203 Work Ethics and Legislation
- BST 06105 Basics of Human Resources Management