Web Development Using Contents Management Systems
In a rapidly changing world, the need for on-line publishers to keep up with the needs and expectations of their site visitors is paramount. Today, many cutting edge web publishers use content management systems (cms) to allow them to instantly and dynamically update web pages and properties as new content becomes available so that every visit to a site is engaging, informative, and meaningful.
CMS systems provide content developers with an option of creating powerful and highly-functional websites, landing pages, e-commerce features, social media tools and a wide range of other specialized and powerful function, many which eliminate the need for those developers to learn more traditional web development languages and coding like html, PhP, CSS and java script.
IT support, web developers, HR practitioners, Information officers, marketing managers, customer care officers.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explain open source content management and difference between a CMS website, a static website, and websites using other server side technologies.
- Apply Systems (CMS) in use on the web today, including WordPress, Moodle, and Joomla.
- Identify the benefits of working with a server side database and the power it brings to creating and managing websites.
- Compare and contrast the three most popular open source CMS.
- Create and deploy websites using CMS, including creating and editing content, adding functionality, and creating custom templates and themes.
- Describe the ongoing maintenance considerations with CMS websites