Renewable Energy Management & Finance
This programme equips participants with the latest knowledge on how to manage renewable energy projects, understand policies & finances and successfully manage risk. The course enables participants to work successfully in the renewables and green finance industry, both locally and internationally; and is suitable for those with both a basic and advanced understanding of the sector.
- Officials from Energy Ministries and Regulators
- Officials from Ministries of Finance
- Officials from Environmental Ministries and Regulators
- Officials from Public Sectors affected by Climate change, e.g. Agriculture, Water, Energy, Infrastructure, Health, etc.
- Officials from Donor Agencies interested in financing climate change mitigation and adaptation programs.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate climate change, climate change drivers, architecture and climate related risks
- Understand how renewable energy projects are one way of mitigating and adapting to climate change impacts and as a strategy for getting to net zero.
- Learn how to manage renewable energy project risks, taking a life-cycle approach
- Describe the various methods of financing renewable energy projects
- Understand the main incentives and barriers to investment in renewable energy projects
- Explain the existing government policies and support schemes in Africa.