Managing Committee Work And Meetings
The need for a comprehensive programme on managing committee work and meetings stems from the challenges organizations face in achieving efficient collaboration and decision-making. This programme aims to address these challenges by equipping participants with a body of knowledge and techniques relevant to committee operations. It concentrates mainly on planning meetings, effective agenda formulation, team development, rational decision making, meeting time management, communication, leadership and group dynamics.
By acquiring insights and practical techniques, participants will be better equipped to contribute to productive committee work, conduct efficient meetings, and drive effective decision-making processes. The programme serves as a valuable resource for individuals seeking to enhance their skills in managing committees and optimizing their impact within their organizations.
This programme is open to administrative officers, company secretaries, personnel managers, executive assistants of top executives in governments and parastatal organizations and other senior officers involved in managing committee work and meetings.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate understanding of the role of committees in organizations;
- Define and delegate meeting roles & responsibilities;
- Critically review a meeting;
- Improve the effectiveness of business meetings;
- Run meetings effectively;
- Guide committee proceedings;
- Manage conflicts, promote team-work, make decisions and solve problems;
- Plan and prepare for different kind of meetings and take effective meeting minutes;
- Organize conferences.
US$1500 to cover tuition and training materials only