Managerial Aspects For ICT Professionals
The programme introduces participants to the management process and develops a critical awareness of current management issues relevant to information systems professionals. It examines managerial decision making techniques and provides participants with an insight of planning, finance and human resource decision making techniques and supporting information systems. It builds on this appreciation of managerial processes and functions to show how organizations can be analyzed, interpreted and modeled as systems.
ICT professionals, supervisors/users with functional or ICT related project responsibilities in the private and public sectors.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Elaborate the nature of management issues of interest to information system professionals;
- List the techniques that can be used in analyzing the organization in a systematic manner;
- Discuss current management issues relevant to information system professionals;
- Analyze organizations in a systematic manner and show how policy issues may be evaluated using organizational model;
- Analyze the requirements for financial, marketing, operations and human resource information systems;
- Analyze the relationship between financial, marketing, operations and human resource management in the overall corporate strategic planning process and their role in the delivery of strategic plan.