Implementation Of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS)
The United Nations general assembly at the seventieth session, September 25th 2015; adopted the resolution, ‘transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development’. This was a follow up to the post 2015 development agenda. The resolution calls on all countries and all stakeholders, acting in collaborative partnership, to implement the comprehensive plan with its specified goals and targets.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide a comprehensive framework for addressing global challenges and achieving sustainable development. The successful implementation of the SDGs requires organizations and governments to have a clear understanding of the goals, targets, and indicators, as well as the strategies and actions needed to contribute to their achievement. This programme aims to address the need for capacity building in the implementation of the SDGs, equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively integrate the SDGs into organizational strategies and practices.
Officers responsible for formulating national development plans at the level of permanent/principal secretaries, directors/commissioners from the office of the president, prime minister’s office, vice President’s office and planning commission, local government sector; as well as CEOs of public enterprises.
At the end of the Programme, participants will be able to:
- Analyze 17 sustainable development goals, strategies and targets;
- Establish the critical role of the public service for successful implementation of the global agenda at national and international
- Share and strategize how to institutionalize the global agenda into additional development plans using thematic planning;
- Strategize how to mobilize resources;
- Establish strategies for global and regional partnerships for implementation of the SDGs.