Database Administration Using SQL Server
The overall objective of the course is to facilitate participants on how to use SQL server product features and tools related to administration of a database. This course covers database design and the use of database management systems for applications. Participants will learn technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server. This programme is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines: database administration, database development and business intelligence.
Database administrators and individuals who perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility or working in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Plan, install and configure the database software;
- Describe the databases, the physical structure of databases and their related configuration options;
- Create and process databases and tables;
- Secure SQL server and implement policy-based management backup, recovery and restore databases and individual files:
- Perform database monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting problems.