Advanced E – Records
Developments in Information and Communication Technology have revolutionized the way people communicate. The cell-phone makes it easier for people from all walks of life to communicate with anyone anywhere. Individuals and organizations do not have to depend on paper-based media to communicate. The transfer of money through the mobile phone has improved the life of the small-scale business. However, these developments require that the media being used for capturing such information/knowledge is managed properly. Magnetic tapes, flash disks, optical disks and the like have to be stored in appropriate environments to avoid corruption of data. This is especially important given that some of the new media have not been tested long enough. This course builds on the earlier course on Managing Electronic Records.
Participants on this course are expected to have attended the course on Managing Electronic Records.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of an e-records management system given the developments in the business world today;
- Interpret the law regarding use of electronic records;
- Identify the best electronic media for storing the organization’s data, information and knowledge;
- Establish, implement and manage electronic records applying the latest technologies;
- Monitor and evaluate an electronic management system.