Accounting and Finance for Non-Finance Officers
All line managers need to develop their own work programmes, based on a hierarchy of prioritized activities that add value to the core drivers on the organization’s value chain. Further, it is imperative for a manager to
only understand accounting and finance principles but also apply them in his/her day to day work. This programme provides an introduction to understanding the accounting and fiancé management fundamentals that underlie the construction of financial statements, analysis and interpretation. The programme will assist managers develop the score carding, attention directing and problem solving capabilities.
The programme is relevant to all including directors and line managers.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Use contents in the financial statements and interpretation to make sound financial analysis
- Apply the financial management skills and knowledge acquired to make sound financial decisions
- Prepare budgetary estimates and monitor implementation to ensure expenditure control.
- Discuss the importance of liquidity management.
- Elaborate the importance of strengthening controls.
- Describe accounting and financial tools for score keeping, attention directing and problem solving.
- Indicate the role of the financial markets