With the ever-changing regulatory landscape, setting the tone at the top has never been more important. Organizations rely on the judgment of audit committee members to appropriately oversee areas such as risk, compliance, financial reporting and corporate resources. The expectations and obligations on audit committees continue to evolve in response to governance developments and the need for Boards and governing bodies to demonstrate that they are adhering to relevant audit, assurance and risk management requirements. It is therefore imperative for audit committee members to remain up to date and aware of changes to their responsibilities
Who should attend?
The programme is relevant for top management including senior officers, CEOs and Members of the audit, risk and finance committee of the Board and Board of directors.
How you will benefit
At the end of the course participants will:
• Understand and examine role and responsibilities of the Audit; Committee as part of governance and assurance systems
• Equip members of the Audit Committee with modern oversight skills in Risk based auditing and reporting;
• Have a greater understanding of the legal, regulatory and professional obligations for audit committees ;
• Perform their monitoring, evaluation, compliance, monitoring and other oversight duties effectively;
• Recognize professional obligations for Audit Committee;
• Appreciate features and learn how to assesses the effectiveness of Audit committees .
• Roles and responsibilities of Audit committee;
• Audit committee charters, composition and relationship with senior management, internal audit and the Board;
• Objective Vs independence: Building an effective Internal Audit function;
• Assurance arrangement;
• Corporate Accountability: Focus on the Audit Committee.
• Financial reporting oversight practices.
• The Role of Audit Committee in Governance Risk and Compliance;
• Legal and regulatory environment of audit committees;
• Assessing Audit Committee effectiveness;
• Becoming an ‘ethical leader’ and handling complex dilemmas.