The balanced scorecard has gained popularity in the recent years. A vast number of institutions are desirous of using the balanced scorecard a performance management system. While a bsc compliant strategic plan is one of the prerequisites for applying the bsc as a performance management system, many institutions get stuck on how to translate the scorecards cascaded to tier 3 into a performance management system that is aligned to the organization-wide vision and strategy. This is a ‘how-to’ program which is workshop-based that enables the delegates to break down the perspectives, objectives and targets into measurable results and proceeds to offer insights on how to compute the composite performance score for each employee.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Directors of performance management at national and institutional level and HR professionals in public, private and non state actor institutions. Corporate planning teams may also benefit from this course. It is a prerequisite that one should have attended the basic balanced scorecard course prior to attending this course.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Translate the personal scorecard into a performance management system;
• Compute the performance scores into final composite performance rating;
• Link the final performance rating to the incentives that are agreed upon corporately;
• Use performance data to improve organizational learning and continuous improvement initiatives.
• An overview of bsc perspectives;
• An overview of bsc compliant strategic plans;
• Weighting the perspectives;
• Cascading the bsc from tier 1 to tier 3;
• Developing bsc compliant job descriptions;
• Weighting tier 3 scorecards;
• Weighting technical and behavioral competences;
• Computing the composite score;
• Linking composite scores to incentive system and organizational learning;
• Performance agreements & the bsc;
• Annual review of performance agreements;
• Key lessons of success.