The united nations general assembly at the seventieth session, September 25th 2015; adopted the resolution, ‘transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development’. This was a follow up to the post 2015 development agenda. The resolution calls on all countries and all stakeholders, acting in collaborative partnership, to implement the comprehensive plan with its specified goals and targets. This course is designed for senior government officials and heads of parastatal organization to review and strategize how to implement the plan at national and organizational levels
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officers responsible for formulating national development plans at the level of permanent/principal secretaries, directors/commissioners from the office of the president, prime minister’s office, vice President’s office and planning commission, local government sector; as well as CEOs of public enterprises.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Analyze 17 sustainable development goals, strategies and targets;
• Establish the critical role of the public service for successful implementation of the global agenda at national and international level;
• Share and strategize how to institutionalize the global agenda into additional development plans using thematic planning;
• Strategize how to mobilize resources;
• Establish strategies for global and regional partnerships for implementation of the SDGs.
• Review implementation of MDGs in Africa;
• Background to transforming our world;
• Global agenda 2030;
• The 17 goals and targets;
• Coordinating and integrating the SDGs into national development plans for implementation;
• Institutionalizing SDGs at national level and critical role of public service;
• Participatory governance & responsive public service delivery;
• Building trust in government to pursue SDGs;
• Resource mobilization and allocation for implementing SDGs;
• Building accountable institutions and prevention of corruption
• Citizen engagement.