Every year more countries are adopting the only international accounting standards for government, ipsas (international public sector accounting standards), to increase transparency, improve decision-making, and strengthen accountability. This has created a need for finance professionals in the public sector to be acquainted with the ipsas – cash basis as well as ipsas accrual basis of reporting. This course provides practical review of the extant ipsas including the various updates.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The programme is designed for finance managers, finance officers, accountants and auditors engaged in the public sector entities that implement ipsas cash basis and ipsas accrual basis of reporting as well as those who are in the process of migrating from ipsas cash basis to ipsas accrual basis of reporting.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to: -
• Review IPSAS cash basis and IPSAS accrual basis extant standards;
• Gain competence in the proper implementation of IPSAS cash basis and/ IPSAS accrual basis;
• Develop a deeper understanding of the current IPSAS projects and learn more about the future of public sector financial reporting.
• Introduction and overview of emerging issues in public sector reporting;
• Review of IPSAS cash basis;
• Review of extant IPSAS accrual basis relevant for the preparation and presentation of the financial statements;
• Provisions and process for first time adoption of the IPSAS accrual basis;
• Review of various updates standards to IPSAS and relevant exposure draft;
• Recent trends and future changes in public sector financial reporting.