The programme is aimed at helping boost growth and development of a country’s economy through efficient and effective management of public investment programmes. It will assist in developing capital for planning, financing, implementing and evaluating public sector investment programmes such as schools, hospitals, roads, waterworks, among others. This is what is required for improving the provision of service to the people
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior finance officers, project officers, accountants and administrators both at national and local government level.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Plan for and manage public investment programmes;
• Appraise, prioritize, finance and budget for major capital projects;
• Implement effective public private partnerships in capital asset development;
• Identify, assess and control risks in public sector investment programmes.
• Public sector governance and accountability;
• Capital investment and economic development;
• The investment planning process in the public sector;
• Financing capital investment;
• Asset management in public sector;
• Public private partnerships;
• Project risk management in the public sector.