Money laundering subverts rule of law and undermines both economic and social development worldwide. International, regional and national blocs are initiating strategies to prevent and combat money laundering in all its forms. In the same context the World Bank has also stipulated strategies to prevent and combat money laundering which constitute focus for discussion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers, Auditors, Accountants, Investigators, Bankers, Law enforcement officers, Security staff, Ethics commissioners, Ethics officers, Anti-Corruption bureau officers.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants should be able to: -
• Examine nature and impact of money laundering;
• Review the efficacy of the international, regional and national strategies and Legal frameworks for combating money laundering;
• Identify economic Efficient and effective strategies to prevent occurrence or recurrence.
• Definition and elements of money laundering, placement, layering and integration;
• Principal, regulatory and institutional requirements for AML;
• The role of oversight institutions including internal audit and compliance programme;
• Planning investigation and recommending improvements in institutional structure and systems.