Internal auditing provides a unique service to both public and private institutions. It is an independent, objective, assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers who own and operate systems. Internal auditors who provide independent, objective assurance and engage into consulting activities. The programme is also relevant for external auditors, accounting staff, inspectors and investigators.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the purpose, authority and responsibility of internal auditing;
• Explain interdependency, objectivity, proficiency and due professional care in auditing;
• Formulate a quality assurance and improvement program;
• Apply principles to manage the internal audit function.
• Purpose, authority, and responsibility of internal auditing;
• Independence and objectivity; proficiency and due professional care;
• Quality assurance and improvement programme;
• Managing the internal audit activity;
• Nature of work and communication skills.