Facilities management has emerged to be among the leading drivers for building a sustainable and a competitive advantage for organizations. With the dynamic and complex business environment, it is becoming increasingly necessary for organisations to devise ways of leveraging on variables such as growth in technology, financial management and innovative performance measures for optimum facilities management. Moreover facilities management costs rank second to human resource costs in many organisations. As such facility managers spanning in all fields will need to examine and comprehend the complex issues confronting facilities management in pursuit of efficiency for increased value generation in the organization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Facilities/property/assets managers, accountants, and other staff whose work is closely related to facilities management.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Leverage on values such as technology, physical environment , culture (organizational, workplace) for improved organizational value;
• Manage buildings and facilities in a dynamic environment;
• Develop and implement strategic facilities management for efficient resource utilization;
• Appreciate the need for maintenance and its relationship to facility value and performance;
• Describe the variables affecting the life cycle costs of facilities and how to optimize the cost.
• Overview of facilities management;
• Facilities life cycle and facility management framework;
• Facilities design and space planning;
• Strategic facilities management;
• Leveraging on environmental variables;
• Facility maintenance and maintenance strategies development;
• Condition based outsourcing and contracting for facilities management;
• Business continuity planning for facilities management;
• Techniques for assessing facilities performance;
• Development and management of facilities register.