Projects routinely require procurements. Projects need materials, equipment, consultants, training, and many other goods and services. Project procurement is the process of purchasing the products necessary for meeting the needs of the project scope. Project procurement management is more important to project management than most non project managers realize. Project procurement management is a fairly simple activity comprising four main processes; however, it can easily trip up a project manager and cause major delays that may result in payouts. Hence the need to understand the importance of procurement processes in the project cycle
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials on projects, such as procurement managers, project managers, auditors auditing projects, project coordinators and logistic managers on projects.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply the tools and techniques used in effective project management in procurement;
• Describe the procurement cycle;
• Identify challenges in project procurement.
• Project cycle: formulation, preparation, appraisal and implementation.
• Procurement cycle;
• Project procurement process;
• Challenges in project procurement;
• Project monitoring and evaluation management of project;
• Procurement specialist involvement in projects.