Governments and other actors have been urged by the Beijing Platform of action to promote an active and visible policy of mainstreaming a gender perspective in all policies and programs so that before decisions are made, an analysis is made of the effects on women and men respectively. The goal of gender audit is to contribute to strengthening processes by providing an assessment of any differential impact on males and females because of policies, programs, organizational structures and processes within organizations. Further to this, the goal of gender audit is to identify strategic initiatives that can be implemented to build commitment to and strengthen capacities for gender mainstreaming. Gender practitioners and managers, therefore, need this special skill of conducting a gender audit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Middle and senior level officers/managers in project management, gender focal point persons, human resource managers.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the underlying principles of gender audit and processes;
• Formulate gender audit questionnaires;
• Examine data analysis techniques and develop skills for interpreting the questionnaire results;
• Develop the gender action plans for comprehensive integration of gender equality at all levels of the organization.
• Gender concepts;
• Gender integration framework;
• The gender audit process;
• Gender audit questionnaires;
• Basic analysis techniques;
• Compiling and presenting gender audit results;
• Moving from analysis to action plans.