Research shows that companies with a greater share of women on their boards of directors and executive committees perform better financially. Despite this considerable benefit, many African governments and companies are still missing out on the full benefits of gender diverse leadership teams. Despite improvements and a rising number of women in leadership positions in Africa, women do not necessarily have greater power. In the private sector, more than half of senior women occupy staff roles rather than line roles. In the public sector, approximately half of women cabinet ministers hold social welfare portfolios, with arguably limited political influence, that do not open doors to top leadership roles. This course focuses on helping organizations reap the advantages of gender diversity. The course also explores practices that support an organization’s ability to engage and retain gender diverse teams
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is aimed at managers from profit, non-profit and governmental organizations, company leaders, women looking to advance into senior leadership, heads of departments/divisions and or executives, human resource personnel, diversity and inclusion practitioners, organization development managers, workplace trainers, change agents and deans.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand how (gender) diversity and performance are linked;
• Gain deep insight in the working of implicit bias in decision making processes that hinder diversity;
• Translate diversity into increased productivity, greater innovation, better decision-making, and higher employee retention for your organization;
• Learn from each other and from the best practices in the world;
• Translate your understanding on how to advance women into an actionable improvement plan for an organization.
• Linking high performance to diversity: how women leaders help growth of businesses;
• Implicit bias and how to overcome it;
• Building and managing inclusive organizations;
• Design plan of action.