Internal audit function plays a major role in the sustainability of enterprises. The ever changing strategic and operational business environment makes the establishment of effective internal audit function an imperative. Managing the internal audit function course focuses at both strategic and operational level and explores key competencies and responsibilities of internal audit management. The course provides a valuable guide for those charged with either executing or overseeing the audit function in an organisation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for senior audit professionals in the public, private sector as well as non-governmental organizations i.e. CAEs, heads of internal audit, audit managers and those about to be appointed to that role, directors responsible for internal audit and heads of other assurance functions such as compliance or quality assurance
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explore the role of today’s internal audit leadership;
• Recognize the role of internal audit in corporate governance;
• Discover the keys to building effective relationships with management and the audit committee;
• Discover the keys to staffing and training the audit group;
• Identify how to develop a resource gap analysis for internal audit.
• Managing the independence and objectivity challenge of internal audit
• Strategic role of internal audit;
• Internal audit and governance;
• Linking audit to organizational strategy;
• Management principles;
• Build and maintain networking with organizational executives and audit committee;
• Organise/ lead a team in mapping, analysis and business process improvement;
• Formulate policies and procedures to direct internal audit function;
• Direct administrative activities of internal audit function;
• Assessing the effectiveness of internal audit.