Driving organisations into the future requires the development of sound business and financial models. The models, anchored on strong foundation, are important for simplifying complex business situations and therefore improving on the quality and time taken to make decisions. Moreover, the models do provide sound business solutions. With its powerful tools, MS excel creates a perfect platform for the development of sound business models.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The programme is relevant for officers interested in learning advanced MS excel for the development of sound business models. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops loaded with the latest version of MS excel.
HOW PARTICIPANT WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Learn advanced MS excel functions appropriate for data mining, gathering, analysis and manipulation;
• Appreciate the importance of financial models;
• Learn how to design and build models using MS excel;
• Learn how to use MS excel for data analysis and reporting;
• Learn how to design, create and present dashboard using MS excel;
• Learn how to communicate models.
• Introduction to modeling;
• Financial models: drivers and assumptions building;
• Designing models and advanced ms excel functions and tools sharing and collaborating with workbooks;
• Applying formulas and functions;
• Using index, match, sum ifs, array formulas, lookup functions, sing the forecast / trend function, pivotal tables and logical nested functions, scenario and sensitivity analysis methods and what-if analysis with goal seek;
• Data mining and building own financial models;
• Financial statements and project evaluation;
• Designing dashboard using ms excel, leveraging on ms excel for data analysis;
• Presentation of model output and model documentation.