Leadership is central to the success of society at all levels and at all times. In a turbulent epoch with constant flux, the role of transformational leadership takes on an even more critical role. Sub-Sahara is at cross-roads. The choice is clear: massive, inclusive economic take-off, or unguided chaos, conflict and decline at worst or stagnation at best. Leaders are required to steer African organizations and states through these challenging and interesting times. Participants will examine the types of leadership and leadership values required to guide African organizations to excellence. Practical leadership challenges in the African context with the backdrop of a globalised world will be identified and dissected for lessons. Successful leadership building blocks, effective individual and organizational change management solutions will be examined.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Private sector CEOs, directors and other senior managers; permanent secretaries, directors, commissioners and other senior officers from the public sector including intergovernmental organizations; senior officers from the civil society. All these will benefit immensely from the course. Entrepreneurs wishing to lead their organizations to high performance are encouraged to attend.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply leadership skills to transform both themselves, the people they lead and the organization they lead;
• Apply change management and change leadership skills to steer the corporate or public ship they captain.
• The nature of leadership–definitions and concepts;
• The difference between leading, managing and ruling;
• Selected leadership theories;
• Change and its imperative;
• Change management and change leadership;
• Personal management and change.