ICT security policy must ensure the organization’s information is secured. A more effective concept of coming up with an ICT security policy is to develop a suite of policy documents to cover all information security bases; these can be targeted for specific audiences, making a more efficient process for everyone. This programme examines the elements that need to be considered when developing and maintaining information security policy and goes on to present a design for a suite of in- formation security documents and the accomplished development process. Participants will understand the key global trends in developing ICT security policies and the need for a guideline towards ICT security management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Individuals who are responsible for planning, managing and auditing ICT resources in an organization.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explore the major issues and challenges surrounding IT security policies
• Develop effective ICT Security policies and information protection programs for preventing, deterring, deflecting, detecting and correcting destruction and disasters in information systems;
• Explain the implementation details for the security policies framework through governance of ICT security policy at all levels of the organization.
• Security policies, procedures and objectives;
• Policy life cycle;
• Approaches to policy formulation;
• Important factors to consider in formulating ICT security policy;
• Risk management;
• Developing ICT security policy documents;
• Implementation and management.