Communication is essential for the survival of the human race. Individuals need it to establish, maintain and sustain interpersonal relationships. In organizational terms effective communication is the driving force that enables each individual to bond with the rest of workers in pursuance of organizational objectives and goals. It helps to create that sense of ownership. It facilitates the reinforcement of organizational core values. But whether it is at individual or organizational level communication has to be effective. The various components must work in synergy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Staff directly involved in the day-to-day management of information services, such as records managers, documentalists, personal assistants, librarians archivists etc.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Generate, process, store, retrieve and disseminate the right information to the right person, at the right place, at the right time, and cost effectively;
• Appreciate the importance of effective communication in organizations;
• Develop an effective and efficient communication system for gathering and disseminating information for the various people in the organization;
• Apply information communication technology in managing organization and knowledge resources;
• Apply communication principles to protect the organization’s information and knowledge resources.
• Information, knowledge and records management;
• Intra-personal, interpersonal and organizational communication;
• Effective presentation skills;
• Application of Information and Communication Technology.