This programme provides knowledge and understanding of existing and emerging electronic services. It begins by looking at the concepts of e-government and e-governance, the applications of ict including mobile technologies within the public sector as well as the impact upon both governments and constituents. It then introduces the connection of e-governance to transparency and accountability. Participants will explore key policies and management issues in support of transparency, evaluate e-governance practices with respect to rapid changing role of information and information technology in the current e-society.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The target group from the public service will include decision and policy-makers,and managers/or administrators.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the distinguishing features of e-government, e-governance and e-democracy;
• Apply the models of best practices in e-service delivery;
• Explore the e-governance laws and policies;
• Examine different kinds of e-services delivered by governments;
• Explain the transparency and accountability of governments.
• E-governance, e-government, e-democracy initiatives and e-government functions;
• Phases of e-government and stages of e-government development;
• Policy and management issues specific to e-governance;
• Governance and managerial operations performed through the use of ICT;
• Applications of ICT used in public administration and governance.