This course will enable participants to achieve more skills in designing a policy which is in line with International Labour Organization guiding principles for policy development. Integrate the UN, ILO, SADC and EAC approaches. Incorporation of gender, human rights and reproductive health contemporary issues makes this course a unique one.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Human resource practitioners, policy makers, Board members, program managers, journalists and health management practitioners.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand how to develop an HIV/AIDS Policy at the workplace;
• Get a deeper insight on human resources budgeting incorporating HIV/AIDS;
• Go through the guidelines as provided by UN, ILO ,SADC and EAC;
• Understand gender issues and HIV/AIDS;
• Look at appropriate efforts that should be addressed in prevention, advocacy and care.
• Human resources
• UN, ILO, SADC guidelines;
• HR policy formulation incorporating HIV/AIDS;
• HR budgeting;
• Counseling techniques;
• Behavior change communication;
• Education, Information, Communication at workplace;
• Gender Sensitization;
• Gender concepts;
• Gender and HIV/AIDS;
• Principles of Advocacy;
• Advocacy approaches;
• Prevention, advocacy and care.