Office assistants typically work with others to make sure that an office functions better. They provide administrative and clerical support for proper functioning of organization offices. They must have many skills in order to perform their duties effectively. These skills are technical, administrative, interpersonal and conceptual. Technical skills are essential for understanding and executing specific duties and clerical routine tasks. Administrative abilities enable one to understand and follow policies and procedures in order to carry out organizational activities in an orderly manner. Interpersonal skills consist of the abilities to understand other people and interact effectively with them. Conceptual skills involve the ability to acquire, analyze, and interpret information in a logical manner. The above skills form the basis of important management and administrative activities such as front office management, customer care, records management, information management, office hygiene etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All office assistants and people newly appointed to supervisory roles, along with Secretaries and record clerks within the office environment, who want to build on their skills and knowledge
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT?
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Enhance their personal effectiveness and development;
• Perform office and administrative functions effectively and efficiently;
• Improve ability to independently with less supervision;
• Deal with day to day work problems more effectively;
• Improve relationships with colleagues and customers;
• Communicate more effectively;
• Provide better care to customers;
• Enhance hygiene in the work place;
• Apply proper etiquettes at all times;
• Handle stressful situations.
• Office management;
• Administrative services management;
• Management functions;
• Records management;
• Problem solving and decision making;
• Interpersonal and communication skills;
• Customer care ;
• Personal effectiveness;
• Team working skills;
• Time management;
• Managing stress;
• Office hygiene and etiquette.