Many a time, supervision makes it difficult for employees to get work done. Effective supervision should foster creation of a supportive developmental process that enhances employees’ acquisition of motivation, autonomy, self-awareness and skills necessary to effectively accomplish tasks and contribute towards attainment of corporate objectives. Effective supervision is synonymous with good ambiance for working. Creating conducive work environment is one of the key functions and tenets of effective supervision. The fact that skilled employees are attracted to join good organizations does not make them better performers. Supervision sets the limits within which workers can perform effectively and optimally by applying their skills aided by effective work motivation techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The two-week course is meant to enhance supervisory management competencies for officers, administrators, and lower and middle managers.
HOW PARTCIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Develop performance standards;
• Monitor and evaluate work activities;
• Empower subordinates to perform optimally;
• Resolve conflicts among subordinates amicably;
• Foster positive disciplinery among subordinates;
• Provide effective leadership in work implementation.
• Principles of supervision;
• Fundamentals of planning, organizing and controlling;
• Coaching for higher performance;
• Discipline and grievance management;
• Decision making and problem solving;
• Effective communication;
• Performance management;
• Motivational strategies;
• Leading subordinates effectively.