Investments in construction accelerates economic growth and is an important generator of employment. This is not only true today but has been true in the past. Historically great civilizations have been associated with great endeavors in construction as exemplified by the great pyramids of Egypt and the great wall of China. This course is about construction management . It is about the skills and knowledge required to ensure that construction projects are professionally designed and are efficiently implemented to ensure they are completed within budgetary constraints, according to specifications, and on timely basis. To do so we need to apply well developed tools and procedures. The course presents these tools and procedures and aims in assisting practitioners in the planning, organizing and implementation of construction projects.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Project managers; project/site engineers; regional/county/district engineers, architects; quantity surveyors; clerks of works; estate agents and all other technical experts involved in managing construction projects.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Interpret standard conditions of contract;
• Apply tools to manage construction projects;
• Prepare work flow charts;
• Apply techniques to manage health and safety in the construction site.
• Overview of the construction industry;
• Standard conditions of contract - small works;
• Managing the construction project;
• Managing site productivity work study/work flow, activity sampling, etc;
• Managing aspects related to health and safety in the construction site;
• General management aspects in construction management.