Well defined policies and procedures facilitate in getting people do the right things, the right way. The process of development of human resource policies is complex because of the many actors involved. Human resource practitioners need, therefore, acquire expertise and understanding on designing policies that will be appropriate for the organization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Middle and senior level personnel officers/managers in human resource management and development.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to :
• Formulate human resource policies;
• Link human resource policies with the strategic plans;
• Develop criteria for effective policies;
• Explain the different methods in human resource policy formulation;
• Evaluate HR policies.
• Aims and objectives of HR policies;
• Principles of HR policies;
• Essential characteristics of a sound HR policy;
• Origin and sources of HR policy;
• HR policy formulation process;
• Situational variables in policy formulation;
• Policy formulation methods;
• Policy implementation;
• Policy administration, monitoring and evaluation;
• Policy and strategic plans.