To run an effective office, staff need to be professionally trained at all levels. Support staff provide a variety of support functions to an organization as they keep it running by offering services to those involved in the organization’s main business. The skills required to do the duties effectively are varied and complex as they are involved in a wide array of activities. They require technical, interpersonal and soft skills to perform their duties effectively. Prioritize workloads and juggling with different time-sensitive tasks are vital skills required for this job especially when there is minimal supervision. Since organisations depend heavily on support staff, it is therefore imperative to train them and improve productivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Administrative assistants, clerical officers, junior secretaries, other office staff who serve in a support role.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:-
• Understand the supportive roles and function of today’s modern office environment;
• Increase productivity in the office and appreciate the use of appropriate communication tools in the office;
• Understand the changing role of support staff and their contribution;
• Understand the contribution of the support function to the organisation’s goals;
• Manage and handle information for maximum results so as to help the organisation to achieve its business goals.
• The role and functions of the office;
• Evolving role of support staff;
• Planning and improving work processes;
• Matching business goals with administrative support goals;
• Managing information for office productivity;
• Office productivity through effective task management;
• Planning and scheduling of office work;
• Effectiveness through organised methods and systems;
• Dealing with information overload in the office;
• Limiting interruptions in the office;
• Communicating positively for better results;
• Arranging meetings;
• Service excellence and office etiquette.