This programme aims at equipping the senior executive assistants with knowledge and skills in supervisory work. It focuses on the role and responsibility of the supervisor and the answer-abilities that are associated with this position.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior executive assistants.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the practice of supervision and the roles and responsibilities of in supervisory position;
• Practice supervisor’s roles of work planning, workforce planning, Leadership, communication, motivation and team building;
• Apply basic skills of coaching, counseling, mentoring, appraising subordinate’s performance;
• Apply supervisory principles to make work discipline.
• The supervisory management job;
• Basic elements of supervision: responsibilities and qualities of a supervisor;
• The supervisor and management roles;
• The supervisor and organization of work;
• Managing individuals, groups and teams;
• Understanding human behaviour and improving human relations;
• Work planning and scheduling;
• Motivating employees and getting work done;
• Improving supervisor-employee communication;
• Handling employee welfare, health and safety matters;
• The peoples’ skills of mentoring, coaching and counseling;
• Training subordinates on-the-job;
• Exercising controls and ensuring quality and quantity of work;
• Dealing with workplace conflicts;
• Exercising leadership and making use of power and authority;
• Ensuring financial and cost controls to enhance productivity;
• Measuring employee’s performance and recommending appropriate rewards.